Why Do I Need to Do This?
Your Google My Business profile can only be created when logged into Google as you. To safeguard your security we wouldn’t want to request access to your login details as that would give us access to everything you do on Google — your email, calendar, bookmarks, Analytics, as well as any other third-party apps you have used Google to log in with… So we request that you initiate setting up the profile, then nominate us as a manager of just your Google My Business profile.
We have created a step-by-step guide to walk you through this process. If you need help at any stage, you are welcome to contact us and we will walk through the process with you.
How Do I Set Up My Google My Business Profile?
1. Go to google.com/business/ or click on the Google apps icon on the top right of any Google page to find the ‘My Business’ app.
2. Click on the ‘Manage Now’ blue button.
3. Type in your business name.
4. If your business name has been taken by someone and it’s an error then you can request to claim the business. Google will send them a request and give them seven days to respond after which you will automatically take ownership of the business.
Then continue with the following steps.
If your business name does not appear in the dropdown list, click on ‘add your business to Google’ and enter your business name again.
5. Choose a business category.
6. Choose if you want to add a location for your clients to visit you.
7. Enter your business address.
8. Specify if you also serve clients outside of your business address.
9. Enter your business contact details.
10. Skip all other steps and click ‘Finish’ to complete the listing.
11. Google might need you to verify your business address. The options vary: you could be offered a telephone call, email or postcard, or you might find that your business has been automatically verified. When you see that your business location is 100% verified, then you can proceed to the next step.
Add Us As Manager On Your Account
1. Go to the Google My Business dashboard and click on ‘Add a manager to your business.’
2. Enter our email address: email@example.com and select the role of ‘Manager.’
Your profile is now ready for us to optimize!
There’s no need for you to do anything further. Google will let us know you have given us access and we will get started right away.